Native American Commission
The mission of the Fargo Native American Commission (NAC) is to work together to strengthen the Native American community to promote understanding, recognition, and respect for cultures and to enrich the community as a whole. The NAC is committed to a shared vision that nurtures Native American culture and values. The NAC assists in funding events that fit within its mission. For more information about NAC sponsorships or to apply for funding, please contact the Fargo Planning Department at 701-241-1474 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Native American Commission Sponsorship Application (doc) (pdf)
The Native American Commission's goals are:
- Define the funding priorities for Native American programs and services.
- Determine the services that might be provided by a facility to serve the Native American community.
- Recommend an effective anti-racism education model and facilitate city and community participation in training.
The Native American Commission's guiding values are:
- Respect for one another
- Good stewardship of resources, funds, land, water, air, natural resources, people - especially children
- Family togetherness/healing
- Fostering relationships - past, present and future
- Commitment to service, accountability and integrity
- Healthy lifestyles, choices, and community/personal responsibility
Meeting Schedule and Location
Native American Commission meetings are broadcast live on cable channel TV Fargo 56 on the second Thursday of each month at 5:30 p.m. in the City Commission Room at 200 3rd St. N. and can be seen live by video stream on www.cityoffargo.com/streaming. They are rebroadcast each Tuesday at 8 a.m. and Thursday at 5 p.m.
Clinton Alexander, Chair
(Anishinaabe) White Earth Ojibwe Nation
Guy Fox, Treasurer
(Hidatsa) Three Affiliated Tribes of Fort Berthold
Kiowa; (Hidatsa/Mandan) Three Affiliated Tribes of Fort Berthold
Sharon White Bear
(Arikara) Three Affiliated Tribes of Fort Berthold
(Hidatsa/Mandan) Three Affiliated Tribes of Fort Berthold
Dakota Sisseton Wahpeton Oyate
Melissa Sobolik, Fargo City Commission
John Strand, Fargo School Board
Dan Mahli, City of Fargo Liaison
Willard Yellow Bird Jr., City of Fargo Liaison
Cristie Jacobsen, City of Fargo Police Liaison
Tanya RedRoad, Fargo Human Relations Commission Liaison
Agendas & Minutes
2013 Agendas & Minutes
2014 Agendas & Minutes
2015 Agendas & Minutes