Board of Health
Fargo Cass Public Health's Board of Health oversees the operations of the Health Department. The Board's responsibilities include:
- investigating nuisances, sources of filth and causes of sickness, and establishing regulations to prevent them.
- adopting quarantine and sanitary measures when infections or contagious disease exist in Fargo and/or Cass County.
- inspecting buildings, lots and other areas to ensure that public health and safety are protected.
- making recommendations to the Fargo City Commission and Cass County Commission about ordinances needed to protect public health and safety.
- maintaining required records and reports for the Department of Health.
- preparing a budget for Fargo Cass Public Health which is submitted to the City Commission for approval.
Core Essential Services
- Prevent epidemic and the spread of disease
- Protect against environmental hazards
- Prevent injuries
- Promote and encourage healthy behaviors
- Respond to disasters and assist communities in recovery
- Assure the quality and accessibility to health services
© 2014 City of Fargo, 200 3rd St. N., Fargo, ND, 58102 701-241-1310