Server Training Program
The Server Training Program is led by law enforcement who discuss state and local laws pertaining to minors, the sale or delivery of alcohol to minors, obviously intoxicated persons and dram shop laws. Participants also learn about:
- detecting or deterring underage purchase or consumption of alcohol.
- proper carding procedures including detection of false or altered ID’s (actual altered ID’s are examined).
- proper procedures in dealing with an underage drinker or underage person attempting to purchase.
- the physiological effects of alcohol.
- detection of intoxication and intervention with intoxicated persons.
Class participants watch a video that explains the City of Fargo’s 2003 overserving ordinance. On the City of Fargo's ordinances page, you can view the full text of the ordinance (Chapter 25-1509.2) and the penalties associated with it (Chapter 25-1512(H) and (I)).
Training participants can register here for an upcoming session.
Downloadable handout for the server training session (PDF).