Lego Mania 2013 Rules and Guidelines
- Preregistration is required.
- Entries must be built ahead of time. The library does not provide blocks.
- One entry per person, though an entry may consist of several pieces in a setting or one single piece.
- You may use LEGOs or any brand of age-appropriate building blocks such as DUPLO or MEGA BLOCKS. Please note: the library is not responsible for any lost or damaged items.
- Entries must consist of traditional pieces only - no Technic or motorized pieces will be accepted.
- Entries must be your own creation, not a LEGO kit, project found online, in a magazine, etc.
- All entries must be built by the child whose name appears on the registration.
- You must be able to carry your design in and out of the building on your own (without help of library staff) the same day.
- Be creative!
Entries will be judged on the following criteria:
- General appearance and design
- Use of color
- Neatness and care of construction
- Degree of difficulty
All participants will receive participant ribbons. Prizes will be awarded for first, second, and third place in each of three age categories: ages 4 and under, ages 5-8, and ages 9-12. One prize will also be awarded for the People's Choice. You need not be present to win.
For more information or to register, contact Children's Services at 241-1495.