The Fargo Police Department offers an internship opportunity for college students looking to receive a practical look at American Policing. There are two, unpaid, internships offered during the summer months with flexible hours and schedules. Interns will participate in a number of activities to include, but not limited to:
- Ride Alongs
- Daily shadows with Investigations and Narcotics, Red River Regional Dispatch, Evidence and Property, Records, Crime Prevention, and Crime Free Multi Housing
- Specialized Projects
- Community Events such as the Fargo Police Community Picnic, Night to Unite and Fargo Park District Block Parties
- Must be currently enrolled in an acredited college or university.
- If enrolled in a four year program, must be at a junior or senior level.
- If enrolled in a two year program, must be in the final year.
- Must possess a cumulative GPA of 2.5 (on a 4.0 scale) or higher.
Applicants must have their application submitted and received by the Fargo Police Department by the closing date posted or they will not be considered. Those applicants who are chosen for an oral interview will be notified via mail. Applicants who receive a conditional internship offer must successfully pass a criminal history check and drug test.
Applicants must submit a copy of their post-secondary education transcripts, a letter of recommendation from their academic advisor, and a one to two page essay describing why they are interested in an internship with the Fargo Police Department and what they think is the most pressing issue in law enforcement.
Submit your completed applications to Officer Jessica Schindeldecker via mail, email, fax or by stopping into the police department's lobby during business hours (Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.)
222 N. 4th St.
Fargo, North Dakota 58102
Please contact Officer Jessica Schindeldecker (701) 461-7872 with any questions.