Transporting household hazardous waste
When transporting items to the HHW collection facility, please take the following precautions:
- Pack containers in a lined box in case of a spill.
- If possible, bring items in their original containers, or clearly mark on the container its contents.
- Do not mix different products together.
- Tighten all lids before transporting.
- If container is leaking, pack it in a larger leak-free container, perhaps with cat litter.
- Place boxes in car trunk. If you must transport items inside the car, keep the car ventilated and place combustibles out of direct sunlight and away from heat sources.
- Do not smoke while transporting HHW.