Child Care Facilities
The North Dakota Department of Human Services requires any child care facility, other than an occupied private residence, where meals are prepared, to be licensed and inspected by Fargo Cass Public Health. Some items that the environmental health department looks for during its yearly inspections are:
- Proper food preparation and handling
- Toys and playground equipment are safe and in good repair
- Water temperature at sinks is less than or equal to 120° F
- Diaper changing areas are cleaned and sanitized after each use
- Overall facilities are in good repair
Updated printed materials are available on the North Dakota Child Care Resource and Referral Web site.