Hazardous Materials Response
The Environmental Division assists the Fargo Fire Department Hazardous Material Response Team when there is a release or spill of a hazardous product. The primary duties fulfilled by the Environmental Health Department include:
- Assisting in identifying the hazardous product and the associated safety hazards.
- Notifying the proper state and federal agencies of the spill or release.
- Eliminating misinformation by answering questions from the media.
- Providing the responsible party with the appropriate information to cleanup or mitigate the hazardous spill/release.
- Monitoring the cleanup or mitigation of the hazardous spill/release until local, state and federal regulations are met.