The Longfellow neighborhood became part of the City of Fargo in the 1960s and 1970s. It is a residential neighborhood that gets its name from Longfellow Elementary, which is located in the northeast corner of the neighborhood. Longfellow is rich in natural amenities, with riverfront access via the multi-purpose trail that parallels the river throughout the city, in addition to North Oaks, Holm and Longfellow parks. Edgewood Golf Course and the former Cardinal Muench Seminary are located on the northernmost edge of the neighborhood.
Neighborhood Maps (PDF files)
Neighborhood General Map
Land Use, Parks & Trails
Fargo Census Data for This Neighborhood
Source: U.S. Bureau of the Census, Fargo Planning Dept
Median age of owner-occupied homes: 1972 (1930-2001)
Annexed into city: 1960–1976